I am a strong representative for Brindabella and a strong representative for ACT Labor.
My vision for Canberra is an inclusive, fair and liveable city where everyone has an opportunity.
Since you elected me in 2020, I’ve been working to deliver progressive policies and real change for the people of Brindabella and the ACT.
Delivering for Tuggeranong
I know effective representation requires listening and taking action. Throughout my time as an MLA I have remained in touch with Brindabella residents, always open to listening to their ideas and helping with their concerns.
I have been a voice for Brindabella in the Assembly and in the Cabinet room, helping to deliver:
- More health services for Tuggeranong, including a new health centre in Conder
- Upgrades to ageing infrastructure across Tuggeranong
- More investment to fix footpaths, roads and public spaces
- Upgrades to local shops and local schools
- Strong plans to protect Tuggeranong in bushfire and storm seasons
Protecting the rights of Workers
From being a casual worker to union organiser and now MLA, the rights and safety of workers has driven me in everything I do. This term I have:
- Strengthened laws around sexual assaults in the workplace
- Made changes to ensure businesses and employers are held to account if they breach their WHS obligations
- Worked with my Federal Labor colleagues to introduce silica safety reforms (we’ve got more to do)
- Introduced new codes of practice to protect and support the mental health of workers
I’m also leading insource work so more Canberrans have access to fair wages and better working conditions.
My vision for Canberra is not only a better city for workers – it is to build a more inclusive and liveable city for families, young and older people.
Planning for a modern Canberra
Canberra is a growing city with so much opportunity. I’m working to plan for Canberra’s future while protecting what it is we love about this city. For me, that’s the Brindabellas and bushland that makes Tuggeranong so great to live in.
As part of my work across the planning system, I have:
- Made changes to deliver more housing across the ACT
- Delivered more investment in the Tuggeranong Town Centre
- Worked to ensure new builds are more sustainable and energy efficient
- Delivered major infrastructure upgrades for Emergency Services
- Made it easier for people to access and build suitable housing (particularly helping older Canberrans.)
My commitment to protecting workers, improving critical services, and delivering more infrastructure has already made a positive impact on Tuggeranong and the ACT.
But I know there is more to be done.
As Canberra continues to grow and change, we need experienced and passionate members to deliver on ACT Labor’s progressive agenda and positive plan for the ACT.
I’m asking for your support so I can keep working to make Canberra even better for all of us.